Monday, February 28, 2011

Comedians

     Everybody likes Comedy.  You have your actual Comedians ( Some even do televison and film) and your Comediac Actors.  The two I mentioned in my last post Simon Pegg and Nick Frost would be comediac actors, they really don't do standup but theres's something very Raw about Comedians.  They have to stand in front of a group of people and make them laugh.  Having seen Comedians perform standup on TV and Live in Person there's just something about watching them Live.   About 5 years ago a handful of friends and I drove to Atlantic City to see Dave Chappelle.  He was Hilarious, It was Awesome and he had the crowd eating out of his hands.  On Tv you can hear the funny and laugh very hard but in person you can  just feel the funny in the air.  Its a very different and Cathartic experiance watching a Comedian perform Live.
     I currently live in Utah now and there is a Comedy Club called Wiseguys.  They have one in West Valley City, one in Salt Lake City and one in Ogden!  Its a pretty popular comedy club and a lot of Comedians come though.  I've never been there but have been wanting to go.  I've never gone because I never wanted to go by myself.  I don't have a lot of friends here in Utah, especially friends that I hang out with but I've got a handful of people at work that would like to check out Wiseguys so I'm trying to get a bunch of us together to head up there.  I used to go to concerts by myself all the time so I've decideded that even If I can't count on one of these people to go with me I'm going to go to Wiseguys by myself if I have too.  I love Comedy that much.
     April seems to be a great month to go to Wiseguys.  Bill Bellamy, Hal Sparks, and Garfunkel and Oats are all coming though.  Bill Bellamy started out as a MTV VJ hosting Music Videos,  he went on to host HBO's Def Comedy Jam, Star in Def Jam's How To Be A Player, and Co-Star in the TV show Fastlane.  He's very funny and I'm considering going to see him.  Hal Sparks Co-Starred in Queer as Folk, did Talk Soup in 2000-2001 and won the reality show Celebracadabra a few years back.  The ones I'm most excited for and who I'm trying to get my work friends to go see is a Female Duo called Garfunkel and Oats.  I turned a handul of friend to them through their first Video.  Their real names are Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci.  They are like the Lonely Island who perform comediac songs.  I've been hoping that Garfunkel and Oats would come through Utah and no matter what I will go see them when they come through.  Here is their newest video for a song called This Party Took A Turn for the Douche.  Be Warned there is Curseing so if this offends you then Please Don't Watch The Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment