Friday, February 25, 2011

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

    As of right now I only know of a couple of people who read my blog.  I'm sure they might really  only appreciate my Life or Rants portion of my blog but I'm also gonna try to update this often with the things that I love and my other Obsessions, so for now those will probably be just for me. 
    One thing that you should know about Geeks is that we have a lot of obsessions when it comes to our Collections or Viewing Activities.  In this blog I'm just gonna talk about one.  Two of my favorite geeks in the world are British Actors Simon Pegg( Most Recently played Scotty in Star Trek) and Nick Frost.   Even though they've done quite a bit together, Shaun Of the Dead was the first thing that I saw them in.  They created the film with Director Edgar Wright who recently directed Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World which is another Geekfest that I absolutely Love. 
     Like most people Shaun of the Dead was my introduction to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.  I thought that the film was just brilliant.  It had the right mixture of Comedy and Horror and the two of them reminded me of Abbott and Costello.  You could tell just from watching the film that the two of them had to of been friends in real life, and of coarse they were.  The moment I first saw the film I knew I had to see what else they had done.           
     Being British Actors they hadn't done anything here in the States but through a little bit of research I had found out that they had done a Tv show in Britian called Spaced and that the show itself was quite a bit of a Geekfest.  Spaced had been released on Dvd but not here in the states so I had to order my copy through Amazon.co.uk which is Amazon.com in Britian, which also meant that it was a different region disc so I had to get a dvd player that would play other regional discs.  Of coarse since then it has been released on Dvd here in the States, and Yes I bought that version too.  The show lasted 2 seasons and was a Comedy with tons of Cultural References most of being Star Wars and other Geek references.  The show was about a guy who ends up getting an apt with this girl.  The show revolved around them and their small core of close friends and acquaintances.  Like most British Comedy it was Hilarious and if your reading this you have to check it out, even if your not a Geek you will really enjoy it. 
  After this Simon and Nick and of coarse Director Edgar Wright did Hott Fuzz which was a homage to the 80's Action Films.  Like everything they had done before, it was Brilliant and Totally funny.  They even went as far as to reanact scenes, scene by scene from Point Break and Bad Boys which was also pulled off with such Brilliance.  Next Simon and Nick will be seen in the Comedy Paul about two British Tourists who are traveling cross country and who come in contact with a real life Alien on their way to Roswell, New Mexico.  The Trailer looks like it will be Awesome and it Co-Stars Jason Bateman, Sigourney Weaver, and SNL Alums Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig.  I will follow these two to the ends of the earth and I'm always waiting to see what these two guys will do next.
 
    

1 comment:

  1. You should write in your blog for you. So I say screw everyone who doesn't read it. haha.

    ReplyDelete