Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wiseguys (TJ Miller on Friday, Garfunkel and Oates on Saturday)

    So this has been a great weekend!  Last Night I went to Wiseguys at Trolley Square in SLC to see TJ Miller and Tonight I went to Wiseguys in West Valley City to see Garfunkel and Oates.  I had been watching the Wiseguys website all year hoping that several people would show up that I was dying to see perform.  TJ and Garfunkel and Oates were in my top 5 of Comedians that I wanted to see.  In Fact, the fact that they all came to Utah the same weekend to perform was Awesome.  In fact they all know each other back in LA and actually do stuff together.
   Friday was the day that I saw TJ Miller perform.  You may have seen him as the Camera Man in Cloverfield, the TSA Agent in She's Out Of My League, or as a Park Ranger in Yogi Bear.  Not only did he Joke about a lot of things like how he often catches himself doing Creepy Things, he did a bunch of characters that he created like The Construction Worker who is very masculin but when he belches he does it in the most feminine way.  Most of his characters were pretty funny.  He was a total hoot.  It was Awesome meeting him after the show.  I told him that he was very funny and that I appreciated him sending me a message on Twitter earlier in the week.  He asked me what my Handle was and then said he remembered me.  He asked me if I enjoyed the show and said he'd see me later.  It was very Cool.




     Last Night was the day that I saw Garfunkel and Oates perform. Their real names are Kate Micucci and Riki Lindhome.   You might recognize Kate as Ted's girlfriend on Scrubs or in When in Rome as the main characters friend.  Riki might be recognized as one of the Killer Psychos in Last House On The Left or one of her many T.V. appearances on shows like The Big Bang Theory, Nip/Tuck, or House.  They are both very popular and they have a comedy show that they perform in L.A. on a regular basis that Sells Out consistantly.  Kate and Riki are both very funny but instead of jokes they perform Comedic Songs that they've written.  You might have seen their videos on Funnyordie.com or Youtube like This Party Just Took a Turn for the Douche or Hand Jobs, Bland Jobs, I Don't Understand Jobs.  If you haven't seen them already you need to check out their videos because they're awesome.  They perfomed about 10 songs over an Hour Span with some comedic banter inbetween.  They were very Funny and Very Sweet Too.  Afterwards they posed for pictures and I got to meet them.   I told them that they were Amazing.  They told me thanks and asked me if I had a good time.   I also bought a Wiseguys T-shirt that they were cool enough to sign as well.

1 comment: