Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Doug Benson at Wiseguys

  
     So I had been waiting all year for Doug Benson to come through Wiseguys.  A few months ago he showed up on the Wiseguys website for May 4th.  Until TJ Miller and Garfunkel and Oates showed up on the website Doug had been the first person I had planned on seeing, so I had been waiting a few months for tonight to come.  Doug Benson is a known pothead and was constantly seen on VH1 for shows like I Love the 80's and Best Week Ever.  He also filmed a Documentary called Super High Me where he stayed sober for 30 days and then smoked weed for 30 days to see if there really was a difference between when he was High and for when he wasn't.  There really wasn't a difference.
    So while I was waiting for the show to start I sent a tweet saying that I was at Wiseguys waiting for Doug Benson to perform and that it should be funny.  I said that it was going to be a real treat and that I've been waiting months to see him.  When he started his act he called out 3 people who tweeted to see where they were at including me.  He asked where david0071978 was at.  I raised my hand and said here.  He said that that must of included what year I was born and my secret agent status that or I started using my social security number but ran out of digits.  He read my tweet out loud saying tweet instead of treat and then clarified to the audience that I had said treat but that he had said tweet and that he hoped I was gonna have fun listening to him read tweets for an hour.  Everybody laughed, it was really cool. 
    He went on and pulled out a piece of paper and said that he had to write down everything that he wanted to talk about because, and then stopped and said you know why.  Everyone laughed again.  He talked about it being weird flying because he'll have TSA agents recognize him,  he had one yell that he liked his documentary Super High Me and then mentioned how he had to sush him because he wasn't sure that he didn't have any weed in his luggage because there could just be leftovers or how he'll be moving furniture looking for his lighter even though he'd have the lighter in his hand while he moved furniture.  He also talked about going to Canada in a Limo with Tommy Chong and how they knew that with them being with Tommy that they would be searched crossing the border and that they didn't have time to smoke it so they ate it instead and when they got to the border, though and behold the limo was searched.  You coud tell that he had been smoking weed earlier while he performed.  Like most of the headliners who come through he hung out in the lobby, signed things and took pictures with his fans, So I got to meet him officially, got my photo takin with him and had him sign my Wiseguys T-shirt that I had Kate and Riki from Garfunkel and Oates sign on Saturday.  As ysual the night was a blast and Doug was as funny Live as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment